I was sitting in the recovery room in Dallas, holding this big, fat, juicy, perfect baby boy. It was with wonder and amazement that I held you and I can still remember being awe struck at how perfect you were.
That was 5 years ago.
Time has passed so quickly. This week, Daddy had all of our video tapes converted to DVDs and we have had the pleasure of watching some of them. We saw you, running around in your diaper, cowboy boots and spiderman t-shirt, singing songs and kicking a soccer ball. We saw you standing on your step stool with a make-shift microphone, mugging for the camera. We saw you meet your brother for the very first time and ever-so-gently hold him and kiss him, ready to start all of the new adventures being a big brother would hold.
You aren't a baby anymore. Everything about you says "big boy" from your independent attitude to your love of monster trucks, 4-wheelers, fishing and everything "boy". You still have those moments where you want to be babied and held, and I am so grateful for that. You have grown into a handsome boy and your loving nature shines from the inside out.
You make Daddy, Jacob and I laugh so much and Jacob looks up to you with sincere admiration. Hannah is sure to love you too and I love the fact that you cannot wait for her to get big enough to join in the fun of playing. You're bright, and pick up on things easily. We're gearing up for kindergarten, and it is fun to watch you learn new things every day.
I love you. You are such a blessing to us. I always tell you that you are the best birthday present I ever got, and that still holds true. 5 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time as a newborn baby. Today, I looked at my bright, big boy and love you more now, than I ever thought possible.
Happy Birthday, Samuel.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Samuel!! And, happy birthday, today, Michelle! We love you guys!
Happy birthday Samuel AND Michelle! What a busy week you guys have had!! And kindergarten right around the corner....it's only going to get even more exciting!
Post a Comment