
In a lame attempt to keep adding something to the blog, I have just been adding pictures when I can. We really have had a lot going on, which has left me little time to post. I returned to work at the beginning of the month. I love my job...I really do! I work for a great company and work with fantastic people. I am so blessed it is unbelievable. But these first few weeks back have been painful. I mean, I can physically feel the pain at giving my baby girl up for the bulk of the day. When I rationalize it in my head, I can kind of make it go away...I work from home, the kids are all here with the nanny, I can still nurse her and see her and see the Two Tykes when life gets the best of them and they need a hug. Seriously...what more could one ask for? If I could work and cuddle Baby Hannah at the same time, life would be just about perfect!
Sunday night, the tykes and I baked a gooey pumpkin butter cake...mmmmmmmmmmmmm YUM! that cake certainly does NOTHING to help me shed the rest of this baby weight, but it sure is tasty! Here are the boys pressing the crust into the bottom of the pan. We had to make sure that Jacob was pressing it and not eating it!
So, with that being said, we are getting ready for our annual Thanksgiving with my family. My aunt and uncle are already in Dallas. Cousins Chris and Miranda couldn't make the trip this year. My parents are anxiously awaiting our arrival as are my brother and his crew. We'll leave pre-dawn on Wednesday to drive up since Kevin can't go with us. I have been so ticked off since we found out he had to work. That is two Thanksgivings in a row that he has missed. It is frustrating. Hopefully the drive will go better than last year!
This weekend, we took Jacob to see Dora and Diego. They were supposed to be at Chick-Fil-A and while we weren't quite sure what to expect, we knew Jacob would NOT want to miss his favorite animal rescue guy. It was actually pretty funny. Diego and Dora were wearing these giant foam costumes and their heads were freakishly large and kind of flat...even Samuel said, "they're kind of scary..." and I had to agree! But Jacob loved it! We got some great video of him singing and dancing with them - it was cute.
Sunday night, the tykes and I baked a gooey pumpkin butter cake...mmmmmmmmmmmmm YUM! that cake certainly does NOTHING to help me shed the rest of this baby weight, but it sure is tasty! Here are the boys pressing the crust into the bottom of the pan. We had to make sure that Jacob was pressing it and not eating it!
Baby Hannah napped almost all the way through the cake baking, and while I got her out of her bed, Samuel sat down to read Jacob a story. Don't let this fool you...these are rare moments of peace and calm...
I am sure that after this weekend, I will have lots of stories to tell, turkey pictures to share, and pictures of sweet Baby Hannah's first Thanksgiving. We hope that all of you have a safe and happy holiday. If you are traveling, be safe. If you are staying home, be rested. No matter where you are, be thankful for those you love, those that love you, a warm heart and a full tummy. Happy Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Great photos! And wonderful family stories you have to share. We hope you had a wonderful weekend together celebrating Thanksgiving. We love you all!
Post a Comment