Kidding! With her 4 month milestone came rice cereal! You can see here that she was not quite sure what to do with this goop in her mouth...but since then, she has moved on to devour her cereal, even grabbing my hand and pushing the spoon in. You would think the child is starving, but we know that is not the case. At 15 lbs 11 oz, she was in the 95th percentile for weight. She was 25 inches long and in the 90th percentile for height. The doctor said her growth was fantastic and she is a very healthy, happy baby girl.
I really found it interesting that she is exactly 2 lbs lighter and 2 inches shorter than her brothers were at 4 months, however, she is still in the same percentile they were! Just goes to show how much more petite these little princesses are!
A few things to remember about the last 4 months:
Hannah's big toothless grin
The new hair sprouting on her bald head that looks like peach fuzz
The way she holds onto my finger when she eats
The way she reaches up and grabs onto my face and mouth when I am talking
When Jacob or Samuel lay their heads on her tummy, she reaches her arms around them and hugs them
Her big giggle when we kiss her neck and tummy and pinch the lovely chub on her thighs
The sweet smell that she still carries and is so specifically Hannah
There are so many memories of these babies that fade over time. The other night, I was nursing her - it was about 3 AM. We were in the dark of her nursery and she had just finished and I was getting ready to lay her down. Her eyes were closed and I was looking down at her face. She squirmed slightly, opened her eyes, looked right at me and made the sweetest, gentlest smile I had ever seen. She slowly closed her eyes and was so peaceful, as if the mere presence of me was all she needed. It was tough laying her back in her bed after that, let me tell you!
Those are the kinds of memories that fade, but are still etched in my heart. I may not remember that exact moment 15 years from now, but it is a part of what makes my heart whole and full of love for each of my children. Those are the memories that are knitted together and keep us soft when the world threatens to harden our hearts.
So here she is on her 4 month birthday! Happy Birthday, Sweet Hannah! We love you more than you could ever imagine!

1 comment:
that was beautiful, michelle!
Post a Comment