
Cousin Miranda posted her kiddos stats today, and I realized that I never did the annual update on the growth of the kiddos.
I took Hannah and Jacob for their checkups together and Kevin took Samuel for is on a separate day, due to his school schedule. At 3 years old, Jacob weighed 37 lbs and was in the 95 %. He was 38 1/2 inches tall, and in the 75%. He was the picture of health, and as charming as ever. He is now potty trained, although he still has the occasional accident, but we are excited to be mostly free of the diapers. He hasn't had a wet diaper over night in months, so if I can just get him to remember to go potty as soon as he wakes up, we'll stop wearing a diaper at bedtime too. I think I will do a special celebratory dance when that occurs! I need to take him back for his flu shot, and I am tempted to ask for another measurement of this kid. It started to cool off down here a little bit, and I put a brand new, size 3 long sleeve shirt on him...and the sleeves are too short. So, I grabbed another - same thing. He is all torso, and short legs, just like his daddy. So, I think we're going to need to move up to size 4 shirts (we already did in most of his Tshirts) and stick with size 3 pants...and then, of course, there is his size 10 shoes. Yikes.
Hannah's lovely little self weighed 24 lbs 6 oz and was in the 90% and was 30 1/2 inchese long, also in the 90%. She was also very healthy and the doctor was extremely impressed that she already follows instructions with multiple steps. She is still really a babbler, with a few words that she says. She only says real words when SHE wants to, and will not perform like a trained monkey, much to my dismay. The things we can get her to say most often are "thank you", "shoe", "woof" (which is many, many, many times a day), "ouch", "hi", and "bye". She has also said cheese, peach, cup, ball, juice and Jacob. She has tried to say Samuel, and from time to time, she will say "Daddy". She says Mama and Dada, but since we're always around, she doesn't seem to really say those all that often - mostly when she sees us for the first time in a while, or in the morning. I have gotten her to "meow" for a kitty, and try to say "quack" for a duck. My favorite is when she says "night-night" to the boys, and when she has said "love you". She is very big on imitating sounds and speech intonation, so when the boys are singing, hooting, hollering or whooping it up, she gets right in there! She will also "sing" with you and try to whistle. She really is still just a babbler, so we're pretty anxious for speech to begin.
Samuel and Jacob, on the other hand, cannot be stopped. They are both endless, endless chatterboxes.
Our boy Samuel was 51 lbs and in the 75% and 45 1/4 inches and in the 50%. Last year, he was 50% in both height and weight, so the boy is packing on some pounds. I don't mind that at all, because he really had become very skinny during year 5 of his little life. He, like Jacob, is still a lean, mean, monkey machine...and I envy his abs!! He is another one that I would like measured...I bought him a pair of jeans when we were in Denton during the hurricane. We put them on last week...they're too short. They fit when I bought them...and they're a size 6. He is built more like me, with very long legs. I think Hannah is built like Samuel and I.
So, we're doing a lot of growing around here. Isn't it fun? We are so blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment