Friday, January 23, 2009

300


I owe an update on so many things! I have just been way too worn out to post lately! So, I'll do a brief catch up on a few things...
Our trip to Hawaii was amazing. The kids are such good travelers. We didn't have any problems with them on the plane and they dealt with the time difference just fine when we arrived. We were able to spend time at several of the beaches where Samuel and Jacob got to boogie board and snorkel. We of course had to make our fair share of sand castles, and Hannah really liked the water! At one of the beaches, there was AWESOME snorkeling! I was even able to hold Hannah in the water, and we could look through and see some of the most beautiful fish you have every laid your eyes on! They were such beautiful, vibrant colors! I don't know how anyone, after seeing these amazing little fish, could doubt God!
Samuel got to go on a special adventure with Daddy and play golf at Poipu Beach golf course, which has to be one of the most beautiful courses there is! Jacob went on a special train ride and all of us enjoyed seeing the water falls and taking a boat down the Wailua River. We really had a great time and all of us want to go back!
Christmas was also great! We returned just in time for Grandma and Grandpa's arrival. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with them, and as they headed out, John and his family arrived. The kids were thrilled to have back-to-back visits, and we enjoyed our time with everyone! Kevin made an amazing Christmas dinner for all of us, and I got to have a rare, but much needed nap on Christmas! I think that was my favorite present of all!
Now 2009 is off to a running start, and we're back in the swing of school, work and everything else. Samuel started soccer this week, and Jacob starts on the 31st. Samuel is continuing his fencing lessons, and will start back into his theatre classes next week. Jacob is continuing his classes at Little Gym and we're already gearing up for preschool registration for him!
I had to post the picture at the top and share a little story. Jacob is pretty stubborn about his clothes, and has been since he was 2. On Sundays, our kids are always dressed very nicely for church, and he has grown to enjoy getting a little extra dressed up to go to church. So, on this particular Sunday, I pulled out his outfit, and he got very excited about putting on all of his nice clothes! Once we got dressed, he headed downstairs where Samuel was still eating breakfast at the table. Jacob walked up to the table, leaned on it with one arm, crossed his leg and said to Samuel, "so, how do I look? What do ya think?"
It was hilarious...so I had to snap a shot of the pose that Jacob struck for his brother to admire!
And - the reason for the title...this is the 300th post on our little blog! Too bad it wasn't more exciting...although, I'm good with a little less excitement around here for a while. I am sure there is more to come sooner than any of us know! That's how life is with three little ones!

No comments: