I am really exhausted tonight. It is that satisfying type of exhaustion when good things have happened, and you know that all the work you did was good, or beneficial to someone in some way.
Today, I was able to watch my oldest child be baptized. It has been many months since Samuel actually prayed with Kevin and I to accept Jesus as his saviour. But today was the day that he stepped in front of our church, and professed his faith to all, and was baptized. To make it all even more special, Jacob sat in church with us (as opposed to being in Sunday school) and watched his brother be baptized...what an example for him to see!
I'm so proud of Samuel for his faith and his courage. I am so proud that he seeks out Jesus as much as an almost-seven year old can. Most of all, I am thankful to see my oldest child walking with the Lord. What a blessing it is.
So, it's an emotional exhaustion as this weekend comes to a close. All of the grandparents have headed home. The two tykes and their princess are in bed. Kevin should be headed home from work soon. And it's peaceful and satisfying knowing that we've taken one step in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment