We're still here...I promise! The kids have gotten off to a great start with school and all of their fall activities have kept us extremely busy!
Each of them went in for their annual check up and are the picture of health! Hannah is talking in sentences and phrasing that the doctor said she would not expect to hear until Hannah was three. She is also exhibiting knowledge and skills that the doctor said she would look for in a three year old, not a two year old. I am sure we owe all of the credit to her big brothers, who seem to keep her on her toes! She weighed in at 28 lbs, and was in the 75th percentile for weight...I think. I cannot remember her height at all, but I do remember that she was 75th percentile for that as well.
Samuel was also healthy, happy and wise...of course. His growth is in the 50th percentile for height and weight...but what those measurements are, I have no clue. I did a great job, huh? It was kind of funny though, because when Samuel was 2 years old, his doctor told us that we could expect Samuel to be over 6' tall at full height - Kevin and I think we were told 6'2". This year, our doctor (a different doctor) told us he would likely end up being about 5'11". So, we'll all have to remember this and when he's full grown, see who's right!
Kevin took Jacob to his four year check up, but he is also doing very well. I have no information on his stats, but we know that he is growing, as evidenced by the clothes and shoes that are quickly finding themselves into the donation bag!
School is going well for all 3. Samuel has gotten straight As on all of his tests, quizes and homework assignments. We're really proud of him for that, and it looks like we're off to a great start! He is, however, having some issues with behavior in class. It's not that he is disrespectful or anything like that - his teachers all say that he is very well mannered, says "please", "thank you", "yes/no ma'am", etc. and never has to be reminded to do so. Where he is having problems is with his gift of gab...Samuel apparently falls into the "talks excessively" category and then loses focus on what he is supposed to be doing. I am sure that Grammy and PopPop would find that reminiscient of another child....(ahem). And, I am proving to be not-so-tolerant of mediocre behavior reports. I am sure I should cut him some slack, but I am trying to nip this issue now before it becomes an ongoing problem. The funny part is that his teacher said she tries to "catch" him, so she can show him the importance of staying focused - so, she'll ask him a question expecting that he won't be able to answer it. He ALWAYS answers it correctly.
Jacob and Hannah have done great at school themselves. Hannah is verbally WAY ahead of the rest of her class. She is enjoying school, and likes being "big" like her brothers. Jacob is enjoying preschool, and has made some new friends that he really seems to enjoy. We're getting back into the swing of practicing his reading, so hopefully I'll have a chance to make another video soon. He has also been working very hard on math, and has really gotten addition down. He can sit and do a worksheet of random math problems, and usually gets them all correct. He has just started subtraction, and is grasping that concept well.
I was able to take a much needed break, and went to NYC for a few days. My friend Wendy and I enjoyed spending time with our friend Keith in the city, and then I also got to see my Nana and Papa in New Jersey and celebrate the 100th year of the fire department where my grandfather has been a volunteer for 52 years. It was a great trip, full of star meetings, fabulous theatre, great shopping and delectable food. Most of all, it was a break from the every day grind and a great visit with good friends.
This is Papa, riding in the parade to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Oakland Fire Department. Below is my mom and me with Papa after the parade.
Me with Keith and Wendy in Time Square, as we headed to the theatre.
We're all excited for the fall weather to set in! Kevin has already gotten into the college football groove, the kids are playing outside a lot more now that they don't break into a sweat as soon as they step outside and we're making plans for the pumpkin patch, Thanksgiving and everything else that fall has to offer! I'll try to do better about keeping you up with our antics...as soon as I can figure out how to keep up myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment