He's been taking karate through his school since kindergarten, and has really enjoyed it. Kevin and I also think it has been very good for him. We have heard a lot about karate really helping kids with focus and discipline, and I think that really is true.
At the end of each school year, they hold a showcase to demonstrate what the kids have learned/achieved in their electives courses. We were able to see Samuel demonstrate some of the things he learned in karate, and while the photos are not quite as good as video...well, I'm 2 months behind on updating the blog, so you get what you get!
I think he inherited my mouth...
He's getting ready to show some sparring forms
Blocks
Breaking a board
Board is broken!
Just being handsome. When did he get so big?!
Those that progressed onto the next belt, also participated in the belt ceremony. This is after Samuel has changed into his purple and black stripe belt.
With a look of satisfaction...
1 comment:
that is so awesome! Well done, Samuel!!
Post a Comment