Monday, January 31, 2011

1 Down, 11 to Go

It's uncanny how the days seem to race by, dragging me each step of the way!  I feel like I'm not really living life right now, just gripping as hard as I can to make sure I don't fly off this world that is spinning too fast.  How did January come to a close already?  How did I already start out 2011 BEHIND?

It seems there's a lot happening right now - with families and friends.  Fresh new marriages, worn torn marriages, new babies, growing babies, people coming and people going. 

I don't want to keep being dragged behind each passing day, hoping that it doesn't slip through my fingers.  I want to embrace each day and really live it.  Riding each high and low like the beautiful waves that God meant for them to be. 

Every New Year's Resolution I could come up with to slow things down seems so trite - I'll get up earlier, be more organized, minimize distractions, be a better steward of my time, blah, blah, blah.

I think really, I just need to remember that when I make Him first in my life, everything falls into place.  When I get my prayer time and my Bible time "in" each day, the earth will slow and I will be able to taste the sweet, salt of each passing minute.  I'll relish in my children.  Rejoice in my husband.  I'll remember that this life is not passing me by - but is a gift that I've been given to take part in.

So no resolution.  Just a commitment to myself.  One down.  Eleven to go.  I don't want to miss another second.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wholeheartedly agree, Michelle. I feel like the older I get the faster time is going, the more heartache we see, but we can really appreciate the joy we have. Love you!