Where have we been and what have we been doing?We've been growing.
We've been learning how to live with three little kiddos, 5 and under. We've been watching Hannah grow at an amazingly rapid pace. We have been watching Jacob and Samuel go through stages of jealousy - jealous of Hannah, jealous of each other, jealous of mommy and daddy and the dog and anything that moves or breathes...just because there's some change in the air.
And we have been falling more in love with each other with every passing day.
All of the tears and laughter have been keeping us very, very busy!
Samuel has started school and is just as bright as we thought. He catches on to things very quickly and easily and is learning at a great pace. He can read, and has a goal to read 4 books a week. He is also enrolled in the Pizza Hut reading program, so if he reaches his 4 book a week goal, he gets his own free personal pan pizza...who wouldn't read for pizza??
Jacob started "school" as well and attends for 1/2 day, 2 days a week. He loves it and his teachers adore him! Their faces light up when he enters the room - and why shouldn't they? He is a true delight! He has learned his colors, his shapes, and can count to 10...although he only does it when HE wants to and refuses to perform like the trained monkey I want him to be! We're starting to work on size - what's bigger, littler, etc. and will also start working on letters soon.
Samuel is also in choir, golf and tball and that keeps us all very busy. His tball schedule is nuts, and honestly, I am ready for it to be over. He is enjoying it and is really learning a lot in the league he is in. He is taking group and private golf lessons and seems to really enjoy golf. I am planning to sign he and I up for tennis lessons once I can be away from Hannah for a longer stretch. We have tennis courts in the neighborhood, and if I can learn to play, I think tennis would be something fun for he and I to do together...we'll see how that works out!
Kevin is working hard and has been a superhero of a dad, taking care of breakfast every morning, doing Samuel's lessons every day, and rescuing me from crying baby Hannah any chance he gets. Between dishes, babies and boys, he has had his hands full in and out of the office!
We have had visitors almost every weekend for the past three weeks, and it has been fun! Grandma and Grandpa came over Labor Day weekend, Grammy and Pop Pop the following weekend and Aunt Silly headed home today. In a couple of weeks we head to San Antonio for Rob and Monica's wedding. Then, we will head to Dallas for our annual trip to the pumpkin patch, adding Keely's baby Claire, and baby Hannah to the group! I go back to work at the beginning of November. I am going to miss my days with my sweet baby girl.
Hannah is smiling now, and I promise to upload more photos. Here are a couple until I have time (and patience) to upload more!



All in all, we are blissfully happy, blessed beyond measure and falling into bed exhausted beyond all imagination. That's what it's all about, right? Living life to the fullest, and loving every single one of those thirty little baby toes that have graced our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment