Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Oh, Hello February

Didn't I promise all of you a "fun and frisky" look back on 2009 with the Two Tykes and The Princess?  Unfortunately, here we are in February and I feel that a look back on 2009 is so far overdue to be almost inappropriate.  So, I suppose we'll just move on!

This past weekend was a very special event for Hannah.  She went to her first dance with a very special date - her Daddy.  The attended the Daddy/Daughter dance, sponsored by the area parks and recreation group, and it was held at a very nice resort on the lake.  They had dinner and dancing and a wonderful time together!  They closed the dance down!  She was very excited to go and they both came home high on the excitement of getting to spend a very special evening together.

We had a birthday party that afternoon, so getting Hannah down for her nap was a challenge, to say the least!  She finally went to sleep, and a little before 5 PM I had to wake her up and practically drag her out of bed!  We began primping for the dance and we put curlers in her hair.  This is the first time we attempted to curl her hair, and I didn't allow enough time for her curlers - live and learn!  So, we didn't have a head full of curls!


She was very excited to wear her tiara and donned her pretty dress that we had picked out. She made her entrance by walking down the stairs, with Daddy waiting for her at the bottom.  You can tell how excited she is in the pictures!
Daddy wanted to make sure that we had a picture that showed Hannah's entire outfit, down to her patent leather Mary Janes!
She was very intrigued by Kevin's tie, as he doesn't wear one often!  So she had a little fun playing with it.  As I was getting Hannah ready for the dance, I kept thinking about what a special time this is for them.  I can remember learning how to dance by standing on my Daddy's feet.  I can remember holding his hands and dancing to his favorite songs.  I think, had their been a Daddy/Daughter dance for us, that we surely would have gone and I could have put my dance moves to good use. 

Kevin and the Two Tykes are Hannah's first princes.  Having this "date" with her Daddy, and future dates, will teach her what to expect when those other princes come calling.  She will learn that she should be loved, respected, cherished and treated with the utmost care and consideration - just like her Daddy treated her at her very first dance.  I hope this becomes a tradition for them.  Can you see the excitement on his face too?

The Princess and her Daddy headed off to their ball.  I was left home with the Two Tykes, so we had our own party!

We had burgers, corn on the cob, chips and dip, quesadillas, mozarrella sticks and chocolate chip cookies to sustain us during our marathon Monopoly game!  I am not sure whether they were more excited about the corn on the cob or the root beer I let them have with dinner!  Either way, we had a great night, and learned that Jacob is a force to be reckoned with in Monopoly!  Donald Trump, watch out!

I think we hit the ground running for 2010!  I hope that Kevin and Hannah get more date nights, and the boys and I get more "parties".  I need to make certain that I really can beat a four year old at Monopoly!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! So cute! I need to dust off Monopoly and get Ella's brain moving! Enough of this boring 'Mouse Trap' and 'Guess Who'!!

P.S. And remember curlers the night before and take them out in the morning.