Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Playing Catch Up


OK - so, it never is easy trying to play catch up for six months of lost time. I know that and you know that, so let's not pretend I am going to get anywhere with trying to go back and actually catch up on ALL the happenings since January. I did manage to finally post several of the drafts that had been sitting, without pictures, since February, but now, we are basically going to have to start anew - moving on!

First, I need to report that Emma has turned 6. SIX years old! How can that be? She had a fantastic birthday party that was the weekend we were moving, and I am so glad that we were able to attend. This picture is the Three Amigos at her party.

I won't be so cruel to not at least catch you up a little on the boys, the crazy life of the Irvings and WHY I have been so blatantly ignoring the upkeep of our blog. I have been chastised by enough of you that I must defend myself! Our internet at the old house was horrible (yes, I said old house. . .I'll get to that) and we finally turned off the service and I went with a wireless Sprint card. While it was dependable, and I was always online, the upload speed was HORRIBLE! Forget about uploading pictures to the blog, to the Kodak Gallery, etc. All of you know how many pictures I take, so we have many, many, many albums to be uploaded and shared. . .watch your emails. I have been telling everyone that as soon as I get better upload speed, I would stay updated. That day has come, and I will do my best to NOT let you down.

As most of you know, we have been relocated to the Houston area. We moved about 2 weeks ago, and we are desperately trying to get unpacked, get settled and feel like we are home. I still feel like we are strangers in someone else's house, but I am sure we will get more settled once I get some pictures on the wall - you always feel like you are home when you can stare into the beloved photos of friends and family.
The move was LOTS of fun (SARCASM) and the relocation process was even more pleasant. Let's just say that God definately gave Kevin and I trials to make us stronger over the last 3 months - trial, after trial after trial. So, if you know of anyone who needs an awesome house in the North Texas area that is on a beautiful lake with wonderful neighbors. . .let us know - we have one for sale.

We moved for Kevin's job. He is now working in Spring, Texas, and we moved just North of there in Montgomery (birthplace of the State Flag of Texas!). A little information on where that is - we are just North of The Woodlands, about 45 minutes North of Houston. It is a quaint little town. Not a whole lot here, as we have to go to Conroe for any shopping and The Woodlands for any good shopping. We have a Wal-Mart, a Dairy Queen and a lake. Typical small Texas town! If you're in the neighborhood, stop by! We love company!

So, the boys have achieved a lot over the past several months. Jacob has 2 teeth, has learned to crawl, sits up, stands up and jabbers up a storm! His said his first word last week, "HI" but has never said it again, much to my dismay! Thank goodness I had Kevin for a witness. Of course he says mama and dada - but I am interested in that REAL word! He has a head full of curls, as you will see from the pictures forthcoming and a bright shining personality with an infectious giggle. He is really coming into his own and will have a personality to match that of his brother's.

Samuel is three. I mean ALL three - attitude and all! He has as much sass as his mother, maybe more. He is quite smart, can spell and write his name, can spell Jacob's name and can write most of his letters. He is working on numbers, and has those down for the most part. We have taken a little bit of a break during the move, but plan to start back to "school" working on phonics and continuing the writing. He is also learning to swim, and with the new pool in our yard, he is mastering going under water and jumping in (only with his life jacket on!) He just started soccer, and has an awesome coach! He has already learned a lot, so we are really excited. This week, he also started Vacation Bible School for the first time, and is loving it! We are thrilled! Hopefully, the age of 4 will turn over a new leaf for Mister Attitude, but somehow, I think he is always going to try to push the buttons of his mother. I guess that is payback for what I did to my parents!

So, with that brief update (or monster long missive) I will stop writing, and get back to pictures. I'll keep you posted on our crazy antics, the boys' milestones and everything else that goes into being a family of 4 with two wild and crazy guys. Samuel was getting ready for bed this evening, and as I told him to pull on his pj bottoms, he looked over his shoulder at his invisible posse and said, "Lock her up boys". Need I say more?

No comments: