We had the level 2 sonogram on Friday and were seen by a high risk OB. Both the tech that did the sono and the doctor checked all of her organs and extremities and found no other indicators of birth defects. Her bowels are brighter than they would normally show up on a sonogram, but not bright enough to indicate echogenic bowel.
http://www.colon-cleanse-constipation.com/echogenic-bowel.html
The link above tells what that is in case you are interested.
There is also a spot in her stomach that looks as if she has swallowed something. Neither the doctor nor the tech had any definitive answer for what it could be. The tech said they see that sometimes when there is bleeding early in pregnancy and the baby swallows some of the blood. She said the other thing is that the baby can swallow skin cells that sluff off into the amniotic fluid, and those could be seen in their stomach. The doctor leaned toward the potential that she had swallowed some blood. I did not have any bleeding that I know of, but they said I might not have known…
So, the good news is that there were no indications of down syndrome or any other genetic abnormality. The doc told me that my sonogram was basically normal and he saw nothing in the baby that was a threat to her or the pregnancy. Everything else looked great – she was measuring 20 weeks and 4 days (which is how far along I was on that day) and weighed 14 oz. Her brain looked great, heart was great – everything was normal. He was sending everything over to my regular doctor, and I plan to call her this week to see if there is anything else this could be or anything she plans to check for later in pregnancy.
PRAISE GOD! The power of prayer is amazing and we are SO thrilled that we got such a good report on Friday. We are continuing to pray that the placenta moves out of the “danger zone” so that issue can also be put to rest when she does the follow-up sonogram at 7 months. Thank you all for you prayers and please continue to pray that their assessment on Friday was accurate and Hannah is healthy, healthy! Please also continue to pray that the placenta accrete will not be an issue and we can wipe that concern out of our minds as well.
God has been so good and I cannot tell you how amazing the last two weeks have been. I am horrible about worrying and not giving things up to the Lord. But ever since we got the news that there could be a problem, spread the word, prayed here at home and had others praying for us, I did not worry. I had anxious moments, yes. But it was not at the level that it usually is. God gave me such peace and I could feel His hands on us. Thank you so much! I will post the latest picture of our little princess tomorrow.
As Kevin said last week, "she is a girl, so she has to enter the world with some drama"!
And as Wendy would say, "this is TOO much drama for your mama!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment