Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's a Jungle Out There


We had a very fun, very busy weekend, as we celebrated Samuel's 5th birthday and Jacob's 2nd birthday with a safari party.

Grammy, Pop Pop, Uncle John, Aunt Liz, Emma, Jack and Aunt Silly all drove down Friday evening and stayed the weekend in order to attend the party. Thank goodness for them! Pop Pop made fantastic breakfasts for everyone Saturday and Sunday. Mom and Aunt Silly helped me decorate the Montgomery Community Center for the big event and Aunt Silly washed so many dishes I may need to send her a stock pile of lotion for her dishpan hands! Aunt Liz and Unlce John were troopers as they each ran a party game for me, and Emma was just about the best baby sitter you could imagine as she kept Jacob gleefully occupied the entire weekend. We heard "C'Mon Emma" more times than I can count! Jack and Samuel jumped back into the swing of being two mischief making buddies and I was thankful to have all the help!
Each kiddo was given a safari kit, with a hat and fanny pack that included some goodies, as well as a compass and binoculars. They all got a kick out of putting their gear on.

Nanny Megan made special gifts for the boys, as she painted pictures for each of their rooms. Samuel's is above and it looks fantastic hanging over his bed!


This is their safari birthday cake (ummm, no, I didn't make it...had I made it, I would have put a lion on top like we asked for...but that's a whole other story)


I don't know what Jack and Jacob are doing in this picture, but here are all the cousins, already sweaty and tired for bouncing in the bounce house.


Emma and Samuel had a great time together too - Emma is such a doll and the boys have a blast with her. Samuel says that she is his "sweetie pie".
For their invitations, I made each child a passport, complete with their photograph in it! They also received some safari money, which they used to purchase their safari training kit when they arrived. Their passports were used for the "safari training" and as they played each game, their passport was stamped to show they had completed it. We also had a bounce house that they had a blast in.
Here are some passports and some of the safari money, which is actually African currency I found on the internet.

The party was a lot of fun, and I had some other things I wanted to do, but I am too tired, and too pregnant, so it was what it was...

Speaking of being tired, I drove to Dallas today for my last doctor's appointment before Hannah makes her grand entrance. I am exhausted, so I am going to hit the sack! I will take pictures of Hannah's room tomorrow, and try to get them posted. We have only one thing left to do in there, but I'll take the photos anyway since I have been getting so many requests.


So, happy early birthday to my little monkeys... Mommy and Daddy love you both VERY much!




2 comments:

Mir said...

WOW! Once again, you put us to shame! Here I am looking at ice skating parties, or something else that someone else will host for me, and I don't have the excuse of being 9 months pregnant!

It looks like a wonderful party, and can't wait to see the finished pictures of Hannah's room!

C.L. said...

Looks and sounds like so much fun! I can't believe you did so much and you only have a few weeks left...you are my hero!!
Happy Birthday, Samuel and Jacob!!!!