Music is a big part of our lives. We are singers...not very good ones, but we love to sing. We sing anything - songs we made up, songs we enjoy listening to on the radio, catchy jingles - anything and everything puts a song on our lips.
Sometime back, I posted about the songs that I sang to Samuel and Jacob as I rocked them to sleep, and I put the lyrics to each of their songs in the post. These songs came very easily for each of them. As soon as I heard the songs, I knew those were "their" songs. With Hannah, it was a little different. I heard "Blessed" by Elton John right after she was born. I had heard it before, but stumbled across it again on one of my Elton John CDs. Everyone knows I am a HUGE Elton John fan, and enjoy most of his music (save his disco days). It stuck in my head for her and I would find myself humming it, not exactly knowing all the words.
Hannah is a dancer. She likes to be swayed and moved rhythmically. She enjoys a fast, bouncy dance when awake and giggling. Even when she was very little, she enjoyed the sensation of dancing with mommy. When trying to fall asleep, she likes a slow, rhythmic pattern, that now is a sway, but when she was a little colicy, it was a step, sway, turn. There have been many songs that I danced to with her. Many songs that had good beats and stuck in my head. But I always, always came back to Blessed.
So, this is her song...and for the record, her eyes could have been green (mine are a very green hazel) but she has the bluest eyes I have ever seen. Listen to the song, and you'll understand...
1 comment:
Perfect
Post a Comment