This weekend I had the priveledge of sleeping with Jacob for a couple of nights while Grandma and Grandpa were here visiting. Kevin and I let Grandma and Grandpa have our bed, and then we disperse throughout the house. Jacob and I slept on the hide-a-bed and I got the best deal out of everyone!
Jacob is a sweet, little snuggler. On Sunday morning, I woke up and he was still asleep. Jacob is usually moving so fast you can't stop to get a good look at him. So while he was sleeping, I took in every little part of his lovely, little face.
He has very long, sweeping eyelashes that curl up at the ends.
His lips create a perfect little pout, and are the perfect shade of red - not too dark, not too light.
His skin is smooth and soft, and the perfect shade of creamy white. He is just starting to show the scars of being a boy, from his various falls and mishaps.
His hair is a woven pallet of blonde, red, brown and golden strands. It is really amazing to see the different colors that are naturally placed on his little head. His hair is wavy, no longer curly, and thick and a little wirey.
His nose is a perfect little curve that lines up exactly with his lips, and is centered with the cleft on his chin.
He is an amazing example of God's wonderous creations. God perfectly formed this little boy, from every strand of his hair, to his big beefy feet.
I get to be his mommy. I get the priveledge of receiving his snuggles, his hugs, his kisses. And on Sunday morning, I drank it all in during the quiet of the house, and the stillness of his sleep. Thank you, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment