
My how times have changed. The night we went from 1997 to 1998, there were about 80 people at my house and a band was set up in my living room. The freezer was filled with jello shots and the back yard was filled with well wishers and party goers, and they stayed WELL into the early morning hours of 1998. That night, we partied like it was 1999... (come on, you all know you were thinking it...and if you weren't, you are now, so there.)
10 years later, as we go from 2007 to 2008 it is a much different scene. The backyard is quiet, as the swings blow gently with the cold winter air that made its way south. Our living room is filled with the sound of Hannah Montana and baby giggles. The freezer is filled with chicken nuggets, green beans and more meat than any one home should have. And I was in bed by 11:35 PM (hey, it was 2008 in New Jersey....)
But I wouldn't have it any other way. We spent a quiet evening with the kiddos, playing Super Hero match and watching a movie. We welcome 2008 and all the excitement it is sure to bring with our three beautiful blessings. What more could you ask for? I certainly don't know - in 2008, I have everything I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment